Teachers, firefighters, medical professionals and other great everyday heroes are celebrating a great man today. Every day, these people are also constantly sacrificing to help out country. With 10 quotes about sacrifice, we want to recognize that we respect and cherish them for it.
[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="450"]
image via mlfa.org
Different types of people through the past said these quotes about sacrifice, but share the same thought: a good life and a good community takes sacrifice. We honor Dr. Martin Luther King and the every day heroes in our lives with our favorite 10 Quotes About Sacrifice and America. Enjoy!
1. “Dreams do come true, if only we wish hard enough. You can have anything in life if you are willing to sacrifice everything else for it.” – J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
2. “Sacrifice is part of life. It’s supposed to be. It’s not something to regret. It’s something to aspire to.” – Mitch Alborn, The Five People You Meet In Heaven
3, “Real magic can never be made by offering someone else’s liver. You must tear out your own, and not expect to get it back.” – Peter S. Beagle, The Last Unicorn
4. “Acts of sacrifice and decency without regard to what’s in it for you create a ripple effect. Ones that lift up families and communities, that spread opportunity.” – Barack Obama
5. “Without pain, without sacrifice we would have nothing. Like the first monkey shot into space.” – Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club
6. “Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable… Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
7. “The ultimate test of man’s conscience may be his willingness to sacrifice something today for future generations whose words of thanks will not be heard.” – Gaylord Nelson
8. “Great achievement is born of great sacrifice and is never the result of selfishness.” – Napoleon Hill
9. “Freedom does not come without a price. We may sometimes take for granted the liberties we enjoy in America, but they have all been earned through the ultimate sacrifice paid by so many of the members of our armed forces.” -Charlie Dent
10. “Freedom is fragile and must be protected. To sacrifice it, even as a temporary measure, is to betray it.” – Germaine Greer